Who Are We?
An intensive, fully funded, 10-day professional program for
emerging Latino filmmakers living in the Los Angeles area.
The program is created in collaboration with Hola Mexico Film Festival,
the largest festival of Mexican cinema outside Mexico, and UNAM,
National Autonomous University of Mexico, the largest
and oldest academic institution in Latin America.
To serve as a bridge between Mexico and Hollywood by
opening doors to both industries for talented, young filmmakers.
The goal is to provide the participants a first-class network
of Mexican and Hollywood filmmakers, faculty and resources to
promote inclusion and collaboration that results in the creation
of innovative Latino film work.
How To Apply
Application submission for 2017 is now closed.
Our 2017 Participants
APPLICANTS WERE INTERVIEWED
PARTICIPANTS FOR THE INAUGURAL CLASS OF 2016
Our 2017 Guests
Our guests are selected in the following categories:
- Most recognized Mexican filmmakers in the industry
- Faculty from universities with top-ranked film programs
- Speakers from organizations devoted to film industry diversity initiatives such as NALIP, WGA-West, DGA and Fox Audience Strategy
- Panels from studios, agencies and production companies
- Directors and actors invited to present their films at the Hola Mexico Film Festival
- Rodrigo Prieto – Academy Award Nominee for The Wolf of Wall Street. • Patricia Riggen – First Mexican female director for Sony Pictures. • Moises Urquidez – Well-known Mexican TV and Film Director. • Michel Franco – Cannes Un Certain Regard Award winner.
Visits and Panels with the experts
Hola Mexico Talks and Screenings
Special support provided by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.